Monday, September 23, 2013

Help me get to sleep / how to get a great night’s sleep

Help me get to sleep / how to get a great night’s sleep




click here for more images


do you toss and turn in bed every night, wondering if you will ever fall asleep? if you really want to kick insomnia out of your bedroom tonight, this could be the most important information you ever read.


i know what it s like to toss and turn night after night. To lie staring at the ceiling, willing for sleep that just will not come. To wake up tired, sluggish, unmotivated and run down. I have felt the panic and anxiety .


i have felt the worry that i won t be able to function at work the next day. I have struggled to keep my eyes open at my desk and at meetings. It was embarrassing


i got so frustrated. Some days i even felt like crying i was so tired . Have you ever felt like that?


here are some of the problems i had: tonight i would always think, tonight i am going to sleep so well because i was so tired. But i didn t. My brain just wouldn t calm down and be quiet. Honestly, it was like there was some chatty cathy in my head (i m actually a reasonably quiet person, not a complete chatterbox ) sometimes i would feel like shouting at my brain oh for goodness sake, shut up


i just kept thinking to myself, this sleep thing can t be that hard everyone does it but nothing that i tried actually worked very well.


i was really worried that my sleeplessness would start to affect my relationships, my work, my health even my looks (ok, i m vain but it s important to me and probably to you too).


i was also worried i d phase out while i was driving that really scared me. I felt like i d lost my enthusiasm for life i just had no energy to feel excited about anything. I tried everything to get to sleep and nothing worked well i thought i had tried everything. Then i really started doing loads of research. I scoured the internet and books. Luckily because i was studying part-time i had access to huge databases of medical journals and research through the university library. Wow, there were huge amounts of information and studies t…read more detail



No comments:

Post a Comment