Sunday, August 4, 2013

Master Your Guitar Scales Starting Today!

Master Your Guitar Scales Starting Today!Click Image To Visit Site Have you ever wondered how the great guitar players like Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn and others seem to pull off amazing guitar solos without breaking a sweat?


How they absolutely dominate the fretboard, shredding up and down and every direction with careless abandon…?



If they had to think about every single note they played, you’d see smoke coming out of their ears onstage!


The truth is, once you’ve learned a guitar scale pattern, you will no longer need to think about individual notes. Your brain kicks into a whole new dimension, and things that you previously had to agonize over now become as automatic as brushing your teeth. You’ll be able to compose new riffs and solos on the spot…


I know… ‘house pattern’ sounds pretty weird. But I could have just as easily have told you only that I’m looking at a house, and you would intuitively have known that it had a door, windows, roof, etc.


That’s because you’re familiar with the overall concept of a house, so I don’t even need to talk about the facts of the house!


The good news for us guitar players is that there are scale patterns all over the guitar. By mastering those patterns we can learn a whole chunk of notes all at once, rather than one at a time. In my playing, I mostly use only three main scale patterns that let me cover the entire guitar neck.


Then I take it a step further, and use a couple of connecting scale patterns to make them all flow together into one seamless solo.


Are there more patterns than this? Of course. There are probably hundreds of patterns on the guitar, and I don’t know of anyone that has completely categorized every single one. But these ones that I use and teach give me full access to the guitar, with minimal memorization.


I first picked up a guitar more than 15 years ago. However, personally I found that my guitar playing really started taking off once I began identifying the patterns that exist on the fretboard. It takes all the complicated theory right out of the equation!


Does that mean you don’t need theory? Of course not! Theory is critical to your guitar playing. But I’ve found that by relating to theory in terms of patterns, my brain is able to act on information far faster and more accurately than if I only think about the theory.


As I began to recognize the power of these guitar scale patterns, I began looking at them more closely, and to my great satisfaction, as I identified more patterns on the fretboard, my playing took off to a whole new level!


Most beginner to intermediate guitar players that I’ve met have been trained, intentionally or otherwise, to be glorified jukeboxes. Yeah, I know, that’s going to get a lot of people hot under their collars, but it’s… Read more…


No comments:

Post a Comment