Monday, August 26, 2013

Dairy Farming Guide by Momekh – Life etc

Dairy Farming Guide by Momekh - Life etcClick Image To Visit Site Unconventional strategies for life and work, and being awesome by helping people be awesome. Just Awesome. Check it out…


From: Mohammad Khan / Entrepreneur from Lahore To: All entrepreneurs looking to start a dairy farm in Pakistan



Dairy Farming for me was a wonderful project to start. I started research on it almost 2 years ago with my trusted friend. We still joke about the fact that we travelled upwards of 1600 kms in one week, hunting out the experts in the dairy farming business.


Before moving on, I want to tell you that having the right information has been the difference between success and failure. And it is no small difference. Please carefully read the following example:


A representative from Nestle came to my farm and told me that my 8 animals were producing MORE milk than another farm that had more than 60 milking animals.


Do you see the MASSIVE difference? Of course you do. Only small pieces of information and then taking action based on that information has made one farm produce more revenue than another farm that has almost 10 times more investment.


I must tell you RIGHT NOW that this difference is because of the excellent teachers I found during my research into dairy farming. The information I received from these people was MORE THAN ENOUGH to get me going on the right track, Alhumdulillah.


But as I mentioned earlier, I travelled a lot to meet these people. I had to filter out the good advice from the bad. And YES, there is BAD ADVICE available out there (someone is advising that person with the 60 animals, right?).


I wanted to run the dairy farm on modern guidelines, treat it as a business that makes me money and gives me time to pursue my other projects. So as you can well imagine, it was frustrating to find advice that was either:


Both these advices were based on experience, and I still understand where these guys were coming from. But it was not something I wanted to do!


So I started searching AND doing. I searched for the right teachers and mentors, and applied and TESTED their advice on my own dairy farm. And I believe that because of God’s Grace, this searching and doing gave me the edge.


I want you to understand the difference between a strategy and a tactic. For example, tactics are the techniques used to climb the tallest tree in the forrest, whereas strategy is the vision that decides WHICH tree is the tallest!


These three sections are the result of considerable deliberation on the key variables involved in a dairy farm’s success.


What do I mean when I say environment? It means controlling the exposure of natural elements such as direct sunlight, rain etc.


Were you expecting a more technical definition? Of course, you will not find heavy technical information in this guide for a very clear reason: it doesn’t help an entrepreneur. This kind of approach to… Read more…


No comments:

Post a Comment