Monday, August 5, 2013

Guitar On the Spot – Frustrated With The Guitar? This secret might help

Guitar On the Spot - Frustrated With The Guitar? This secret might helpClick Image To Visit Site I did too until I discovered this one simple secret. Once you know it playing the guitar will be instantly fun and easy, even if you’ve never played guitar before.


The secret is knowing the key concept. Once you know it you’ll realize that you just use a simple code to play the guitar.



If you have the ambition to play the guitar but you’re having a hard time making sense of it, I feel your PAIN. I struggled for years until I finally discovered the key concept, then it all made sense.


"I didn’t realize that you could just pick any key and make up songs like that. I never made that ‘key’ connection. It made songwriting a reality for me.


"I just looked at Jesse’s Easy Chord Chart, picked the key of A, found three chords I liked and came up with a song."


“Learning how to jam with songs inspired me to learn more cause it never gets boring. You can jam along with any song."


"I thought a guitar was more complex than it is, I didn’t realize you could play the same chord in many different places."


“My dad got me a guitar book and it told me to put my fingers here and strum. But then I was like, "how does this all go together? I just don’t get it." I don’t want to read a giant textbook, cause that’s like homework. I just want to automatically know how to make up songs and that’s what Jesse showed me how to do.”


Ever wonder how a band of musicians just spontaneously start making up music together and everything they play sounds good? I wondered that for a long time and then I discovered the secret I was missing.


The Secret -The Key Concept- ********************** The majority of songs that you hear are in certain "keys". ***********************


When musicians jam together, they pick a key for their jam, like the key of C, or the key of D, and then start playing notes and chords in that key. As long as everyone is playing in the same key they will sound good together.


So ‘Hotel California’ by the Eagles (in the list above), mainly uses the notes and chords in the key of D. ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon mainly uses the notes and chords in the key of C.


It’s not a rule that everyone must stay in the same key (there are no rules when creating music. It’s just a starting point to get everyone on the same page.


You can see and hear what I’m talking about below. There’s a chart with a bunch of diagrams and some yellow buttons. Each row of chords represents a key.


If you want to make up a song, all you do is pick one of those rows and play any chords in that row one after another. There are six main chords in any key (row) so you can roll a die to select… Read more…


No comments:

Post a Comment